Saturday 5 April 2008

Daring Cardmakers

Wow! Great challenge this week - here it is:-


"Shrink to Fit

I used to be able to make cards with lots of "white space" around the designs, but lately when I've tried to do this my cards just look sooooo naked!

So this week I'd like you to think small - not small cards, but small spaces of embellishment on regular sized cards.

You are allowed to cover no more than a 5x5cms area of your card with paper or embellishment - the rest of the card must be left plain.

How you use those valuable cms is up to you. So you may choose to split up those cms to use around your card, or use them in a block or a line. It might help to cut a few 5x5cm squares then cut those up to work out good ways of using your allotment. Making your whole card a miniscule 5x5cms is NOT an option!! Lets have no cheating (I know what you lot are like.....),
but because I'm feeling generous, I'm going to let you add a SIMPLE greeting as extra to your 5x5 allowance! :-)"

I have exactly the same problem! In fact I wasn't sure about the Bunny card in the post below for exactly the same reason so I thought I was really going to struggle with this one - but once I got started I really enjoyed it! Here's my challenge card

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Lovely card - I'll even let you get away with the embossed bit because I know what a struggle it is to make a card look right when you've got used to using loads of background stuff to fill up a card.
It looks great- well done for being so restrained (hard though, eh?)

As for the Cuttlebug bit in the post above - they are fab for die cutting tooooo

Angelnorth said...

Fresh and pretty - love it!

Crafting Queen said...

Sweet card. Like the colours you used.

Jackie said...

Lovely Angie........how hard is that to do? Proves the adage that "less is more" though!