Tuesday 15 May 2007

Tuesday

Well yesterday didn't quite work out as planned as when Bel woke up it was clear she wasn't well - fortunately Del was off ill himself so he looked after her and I still got to go to work in the morning and to the Dyslexia meeting in the afternoon. Having spoken to forum friends etc I've realised that we're lucky in this area and in Bel's school in particularly with the support that is given to dyslexic children - every effort is made not only to improve their reading and writing but also to ensure they do not feel excluded in everyday classroom life. I did have to laugh at one point, Mrs.Nice (appropriately named) was listing the common symptoms of dyslexia and Bel fitted into almost every catagory - at the end she said "I'm looking at you Mrs.Perkins!" I said "yes, I thought you were....!" The only catagory really she doesn't fit into is having speech difficulties or difficulties expressing herself verbally - anyone who has met her will confirm she has no difficulty at all getting her point across! LOL

Obviously she missed dancing not being well but I had ballet and jazz in the evening, which means I ache a little this morning! Most of the girls (well none of us can really be described as girls!) much prefer the jazz and would rather we didn't do ballet at all but I don't mind it (although I'm under no illusion that I look like a graceful swan!). Our only worry is exactly what Mrs.Haviland our teacher will have us dancing in next year's show....... :-)

No comments: