Monday 3 March 2008

Mother's Day

Well I had a nice Mother's Day, I had a lovely set of watercolour pencils from Bel which I intend to spend some time playing with this week, and we spent the day at MIL's, all of us popped out in the afternoon to visit Del's Nan who has been moved this week to Hospice - she is in a four bed ward but its so much more comfortable than hospital and they've gone out of their way to make it more homely, tea in china cups, a flower on her meal tray, she was even brought a glass of sherry the other day! The Staff seemed cheerful and kind and much less "rushed" than in Hospital so I think she'll be well looked after and as comfortable as she can possibly be.
For my Mum I made what I referred to as the "secret" last week - a scrapbook from the slides we brought home from them. A word of advice - doing a scrapbook in a week is possible, but it does completely take over your life while you're doing it. Mind you, it was well worth it as she said it was a nicest present she'd ever had. Aw....... Oh, and we came back from Del's Mum and Dad's yesterday - with their slides!!








3 comments:

Kath said...

What a beautiful gift. No wonder your Mum is so pleased with it.She will cherish that for ever.
Kath

Shirley said...

Great scrapbook pages, such a sweet idea for a gift. I was planning on making one for my parents, but My father has asked that I dont. no fair.

PS... youve been tagged. see my blog for more details. xx

LAZY-TROUT said...

That is such a beautiful idea and gift. I bet your mum was over the moon with it.