Wednesday 13 February 2008

Unexpected day off :-(

Got up early to do the Daring Cardmakers' "extra" challenge - then discovered I'm going to be off today anyway - Bel has woken up with a high temperature and is feeling very sorry for herself :-( We were going up to the hospital to see Del's Nan this evening, but obviously he'll have to go on his own now - just hope she gets over it quickly as we'd planned to go to Mum and Dad's this weekend; we haven't been up there for a while so she was really looking forward to it. Anyway here's my card, the challenge was for a romantic card using both red and black ribbon - I even attempted a weeny bit of dry embossing, not something I'm good at so I usually leave it well alone! I ought to practice really I suppose.... Just edited this to add that the image is from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Companion DVD set.




Might get some more bits done today - I've been so busy doing challenges I've missed the fact a friend's birthday and Mother's Day are fast approaching!

6 comments:

Andrea, said...

great card, love the image

Sheila said...

Wow it's fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Its a fab card! :)
Vanessa.

Cheryl said...

Simply gorgeous!

CraftyC said...

A super stunning card. I think we all forget what stash we have at times. Got the disc but dont think I've ever used it!
Clairexx

Kim Costello said...

lovely images, gorgeous card